The Metal Files

My Life. My Music. Your Voyeurism.

Vis Vires – Inside the Hate

with 6 comments

Odd little band that I found through Denis Gulbey of Sentinel Steel Records.  They hail from somewhere in Georgia but vis viresdon’t really have an American sound.  The album is mildly progressive ala Fates Warning (middle Alder era), euro thrashy and gothy in other spots.  Occasional screamo vocals which normally turn me off, but they seem to work in this instance.  There are some tasty guitar and drums parts and I really dig the singer.  The album is a little sloppy in places but it doesn’t really detract from the sum of the whole.

Based on the lyrics, the singer is pretty unhappy with stuff, mainly God.  “It doesn’t matter if you rise again cuz you are dead in me forever.”  Ouch.  His vocal style is very loose and even out of pitch here and there but it works.

If you’re into metal I recommend giving this a listen.  Such a pity they split up after this.  Another album would have been interesting.

And sorry, no personal quip with this one, just an album that I like.

DOWNLOAD HERE.

If the download expires, leave me a note and I’ll upload it again.

Written by The Metal Files

July 13, 2009 at 8:05 pm

6 Responses

1. You are the man for finding this one (or, actually Gulbey is the man – you are the man by association)…I really dug the vocal on here too, and even picked up some of the Dearestazazel stuff that came after this, although it was not so heavy it was insanely catchy stuff…of course now they split up too so who knows what’s next…

kelz

July 16, 2009 at 8:37 pm

2. if been searching this for ages!!!!!!!
    link is down! could you please…. :)

dude

February 20, 2010 at 1:43 pm

3. Thanks for the notice. I have fixed the link. Enjoy!

Sean (The Metal Files)

February 20, 2010 at 2:04 pm

4. YOU ARE THE MOST AWESOME!!! THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

dude

February 22, 2010 at 12:45 pm

5. so.. I was the bassist for this band. and I must say thank you for the awesome review.. if only our album had made it into more hands like yours about 6 years ago… haha. We actually had material coming together for a sophomore release but life got ahead of us all.

Matthew Lee

July 20, 2010 at 3:07 am

6. Matthew,

Thanks for stopping by. I listen to this CD regularly. Love it! I’d love to hear any demos you have.

Sean (The Metal Files)